Old 25-02-2008, 07:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Living wall at Rutgers - Sort of OT

Thanks, Ray. As for the photo, here on abpo it will stay.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
OK Ray! Glad I asked.

K Barrett

"Ray B" wrote in message
Sorry, but I shouldn't have posted that in the first place, and the owner
of the picture asked my not to share it further.

EpiWeb is basically the material used to make "scrubbie" pads, and those
coarse, round, rotary buffer pads they use to clean floors. The
polymeric material, by itself, does not absorb water. However, droplets
are held throughout the web, giving it some decent holding capacity while
remaining airy.

While the rotary polishing pads are treated, the sheets I get are not, so
to the best of my knowledge, there is no other byproduct in the stuff. I
have had no problems getting plants to grow roots into it, and I even
have a piece as a background inside of an aquarium.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Ray, could you elaborate on Epi web a bit? If it's made of recycled
plastic material, how does it retain moisture? Is there another by
product in the material? And yes, I did go to your site.

After seeing this photo I have quite a bit of interest, and I think some
of my class participants would like to know more as well.

Diana

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
For me too, please.......

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
It's not my picture, but I'll check.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Can I put this picture in our newsletter?

K Barrett

"Ray B" wrote in message
A guy recently picked up a fairly large order of EpiWeb panels,
telling me he had a "small project" for Rutgers University.

This is the end result.