Old 27-02-2008, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default soaking tree roots

On Feb 22, 12:00*am, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Judith in France contains
these words:

On Feb 21, 8:53*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from danny22 contains
these words:

i'm planting a small apple and a small tree pear tree tomorrow.
ive read that soaking the roots in a bucket of water overnight
is advisable. *is this true? i thought roots weren't meant
to sit in water!

This might be a silly question, but is there another apple tree
nearby, to act as a cross-pollinator?

If not, you probably won't get any fruit on your apple tree.

Trust you to bring sex into it

Wot? *Our Annie? *She is the most respectable woman we know, yes???

struts *That's me! *Captain of industry, I am... *;-)
(but I _do_ still have my moments!)

--
AnneJ

www.freedomcollars.co.ukwww.copperridge.co.uk- Hide quoted text -