Old 28-02-2008, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Why ANTS on my Dendrobiums and Epidendrums, only?

How many plants are affected? Can you find a "central location"? I suspect
they've made a nest in one of your pots. If so, what we do to get rid of
them is soak the plant in a bucket (water higher than the top of the potting
media) and drown them. But, you first have to find the pot with the nest in
it ...

I agree with Diana, the soap should not be the culprit.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"John Benedict" wrote in message
I've never had the problem in the past. At first I thought that the soap
spray I recently started using attracted them, but why not all my other
orchids?

All my plants are under 20/20 screening; southen exposure... and I'm in
Palm Beach County, FL.... I water only once a week and my pots are
mostly dry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated