Old 29-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Agapanthus Agapanthus is offline
Registered User

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray B View Post
As temperature is probably not an issue, I can only offer some general
reasons a plant might not bloom. I urge you to consider these, not just
react and change them.

1) Insufficient light
2) Insufficient nutrition
3) Too much nitrogen in the fertilizer used.

Yes, sorry for the lose terminology, they are new growths. The flower
stem is long dead. The main new growth is now at least as big as the one
that flowered.

Peter
www.the-brights.net [/i][/color]
I tend to agree with RayB on this one
Lady Slipper orchids are not heavy feeders; however, they also do not have any pseudobulbs in which to hold reserves. It is up to you to feed it regularly with a WEAK fertilizer. YOu also need to flush fertilizer from the pot by drenching with water from time to time. Too much fertilizer will damage the plants, so the best practice is to fertilize lightly.
Digging in the dirt.
Orchids
Candle Making