Old 02-03-2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc[_2_] bobc[_2_] is offline

Default Phrag Court Jester

Hello Group!

Ray, good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.

I just wanted to share my luck at having the subject Phrag send out a
spike this year. I got it several years ago from Woodstream orchids
(even though the guy said it gets kinda big for a windowsill).
My wife liked the flower. We brought a young plant, with a single
growth, and this is it's first attempt. In fact it's the first new
growth. I'm not sure how quickly this Phrag grows, like is it
normally slow or is it me?
I was letting it dry between waterings, until I read (yet again) that
Phrags like it wetter than many orchids. The resulting flash from the
lightbulb over my head frightened the fish and the cat. The increase
in frequency of watering, I think, resulted in the flower spike?
Perhaps?
I hope you all have a great day!
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia, Pa - great anticipation for the Philly
flower show this week!!!
I'm usually a bit jealous of all you guys and gals in the warmer areas
because it seems like there is an orchid show every other week there.
LOL