Old 05-03-2008, 10:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
2pods 2pods is offline

Default Pond growth and non-growth

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
2pods wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message

The only thing that seems to be growing apace in my pond is blanket weed
:-(

Mine too.
I use a length of cane to wrap it around.

Much warmer :-)

peter

I'll give that a go if the sun comes out tomorrow. I'm thinking that if I
don't get rid of it now it will take over within the next few weeks and
smother what few plants I have at the moment....

Thanks
Gill

you could also try the small electro magnetic things.
I think they're about £25
http://www.blagdonwatergardens.co.uk...ntroller_1.htm
I have one on each, and while there is less weed it's still there.

Apparently these are the ones to have
http://www.blagdonwatergardens.co.uk...-control_2.htm
but my ponds are too small.

peter