Old 07-03-2008, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Bat Houses

Val wrote:
Here's a site that has good instructions for building and mounting both a
box house and a 'rocket house' the bats.
http://www.nps.gov/archive/cave/bathouse.htm

I wish I could still have a bat house, or even had bats flying around in the
evenings.

Val

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
So which of you around here have bat houses put up?

Which style box are you using and how does it do?

Still trying to hash out what the best box would be for this area and its
orientation.

Why can't you?

Thanks for the input btw.. I've got both those sites bookmarked as well
as others. I'm just deciding on what type of house. The newer rocket
box, thin nursery box or one of those 4' wide jobs.

Else, I'm set with staining it dark dark since the temp here averages 80
in july, plus it will be located in a somewhat shaded area as apposed to
in the wide open.