Old 10-03-2008, 09:13 PM posted to rec.gardens,triangle.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,bionet.agroforestry,rec.woodworking
Alexander SuperTramp Alexander SuperTramp is offline

Default ~2000 Paulownia seeds for $10.00

"Jangchub" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:05:24 -0700, "Alexander SuperTramp"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..

On 2008-02-05, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:09:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"

wrote:

Not to be siding with a spammer but it's apparently traditional for
some applications in Japan.

Not AFAIK, but it's the closest Western substitute for the traditional
timber. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to grow Paulownia.

Timber!?!?!?!!? It is a damn invasive weed of a tree. I have
seen many but none ever qualify as timber, just as kudzu with a
trunk.

Paulownia is grown in many places as it indeed is a hardwood and it is
used frequently for framing, flooring, etc. I have one growing in the
yard. It grew to 25 feet in two years. I have the P. kawasaki which
is much less invasive and is truly beautiful. Shit, I should start
selling them, I have enough seeds t populate China.

What is it that makes these tree so invasive?
The fact that they produce s many seeds that then grow so quickly?
Has anyone ever tird to bonsai one of these?

Janchub: How much for 50 or so of the seeds from yours?

The invasive species of this plant are so because they do grow rapidly
and multiply pushing out native species. P.kawasaki is not invasive,
that I can tell, nor have I found in the reading I've done on
Paulownia. Certain species germinate more rapidly.

If I go out there and capture the seeds you want, I won't sell them.
I'll either give them to you or make a trade if you have any
daylillies. I'm starting to become a daylily collector and I love
them. If you don't have any, no worries. Just email me your address
and I'll send you some.

Thanks ! email sent with P.kawasaki in the subject line.