Old 12-03-2008, 10:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
Ed Ed is offline

Default Apple trees for apple cider?

"Kingsley" ne wrote in
message ...
Hi-ho,

I read about making apple cider in an old "Make" (or was it "Craft")
magazine about making apple cider.

Now I have a burning desire to plant apple trees and make cider. Despite
the probable 4-10 year delay as the trees grow, what I really want to
know is if the right sort of trees are available? I live near Newcastle
(well, not right now, but will eventually) NSW. Does it have to be
really cold for apples?

Traditional cider vars. Kingston Black, Brown's Apple, Dabinett,
Foxwhelp, Sweet Alford, Yarlington Mill