Old 13-03-2008, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc[_2_] bobc[_2_] is offline

Default Phrag Court Jester

On Mar 12, 9:30*am, "Ray B" wrote:
Bob,

The phrag is a "natural" for S/H culture, but be aware that some have
problems with parvi paphs (delenatii) in it. *I don't, but I have been in
discussions about that a fair number of times.

Your brassisidium is probably suffering from the low light level, and it's
Lillian Oka, not a hybrid with a slimy vegetable (but one that's great when
fried).

Now that I re-reread your post, I will accuse you of "plant abuse". *They
really do need nutrition, you know. *Under your apparently light starved
conditions, I'd recommend a teaspoon of "Grow" per gallon about twice a
month. *In my greenhouse here in Doylestown, I feed what would be the
equivalent of two teaspoons per gallon at every watering.

I would also say that you'll need to start looking into supplemental
lighting. *The low-E glass will have a significant impact in the incident
light intensity - fortunately, it is fairly uniform at attenuating all
wavelengths the plants care about. *Also, as the seasons change, the angle
of the sunlight will increase, and even less will get in.
--

Hi Ray.
Yes I've been abusing my poor plants :-(