Old 17-03-2008, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Watering Cattleyas

Basically, you have plants that are mounted without the mount. There is
nothing to keep moisture in and air circulates, so it's almost impossible to
over water them.

How are the plants doing? That's really key. Most Catts don't need a lot of
water, so your arrangement might be fine.

OTOH, why use pots if you aren't using media?

Diana

"Uncle_vito" wrote in message
I have some cattleyas that are basically potted in air (the plants are in
a pot and the roots are bare with no media). How do you water these? Do
you soak the roots for a few minutes or do you just spash the roots with
water?

I have been soaking the roots for a few minutes when I have time, other
times I pour water over them and it immediately drains out.

Thanks for all replies

Uncle Vito