Old 19-03-2008, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default how to grow hawthorn from a cutting?

In article 16eed379-3ff5-4c9c-ac43-
,
says...
I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how I might grow hawthorn
from a cutting. The cutting I've got is about a foot long and is
sitting in a glass of water. What should I do next???

Thanks!!

Regards,

John

AS far as I am aware they do not do from cuttings and are produced
commercially from seed, budding or grafting. That being so your next step
is probably to place in the compost heap! However the last time this came
up there was one person who swore blind that he had done them from hard
wood cuttings stuck in the ground (can't remember who it was) I was not
able to replicate his results however.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk