Old 19-03-2008, 05:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default What kind of tree is this? - dancer tree.jpg

"Michael" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
Looks to me more like a mimosa than anything else... hard to tell
without clearer view of the foliage.

joevan wrote:

I thought mimosa too but couldn't get the word of the tip of my
typing fingers :-)

Sometimes I need a little prompt ...

Just think "champagne for breakfast". :-)

I think that every morning but what has it to do with mimosa???
Strawberries perhaps ...

From Wikipedia

A Mimosa is a cocktail-like drink composed of three parts champagne and
two parts thoroughly chilled orange juice, traditionally served in a tall
champagne flute with a morning brunch. It is also often served to early
guests at weddings, and in first class on jet airliners.

I don't rate Wiki. Also, all those recipes are a waste of champagne!

Mimosa is a plant or tree. I was once very proud to grow a mimosa
(sensitive plant) from seed, a son would take it with him when he bathed, he
'exercised' it by stroking the open fronds and watched them close.

Ah well, there are worse things for an adolescent to do in the bath.

Mary