Old 23-03-2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default psycho wilson help

Aren't Wilsonaras beyootiful? I can't grow 'em. They decline in my care.
But Tom Perlite at Golden Gate Orchids in San Fran has been getting awards
up the wazoo on them. Too bad he's wholesale/shows only.

My only input is that you know not to cut the spike on the psychopsis,
right? They are sequential bloomers off the same spike. I don't know if
you remember Rod Venger who used to post here, but he coined the phrase
Psychopsis Psudden Death Psyndrome. Not that yours wil psuddenly die, but
just that it was a good joke. (Guess you had to be there.)

K Barrett

"unknown" wrote in message
so the local nursery got in a haul from parkside, and they were giving
20% off, and my garden club discount gives me another 10%, and well i
guess i should be happy i only came home with two plants and not more...
so anyhoo, i am now the proud owner of a wilsonara and a psychopsis.
other than that they're both in the oncid family, i know nothing else
about them. i'm in MD 6b (soon to be 7). any advice? warnings? do's and
don'ts? can i put the wilsonara in s/h someday? thx...

--j_a