Old 28-03-2008, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default *Al* Appreciation Thread! Al's post in Nov 12 2001

ROFLMAO!

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Then there's this:

There once was a lady from venus
who grew orchids of ever-ry genus
"I've filled up the house
and tossed out the spouse
Cause only my plants come between us"

or maybe this one

There once was a lady from venus
who grew orchids of ever-ry genus
"I've filled up the house
Now out with you Spouse!
These orchids are better than.... umm...ahhh.... oh drat!

...I swear, it's right on the tip of my tongue...

Al

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news
He never got a dinner!!!!! Cheers Al, Wendy
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This questionnaire has been circulated many times in the last half
decade.
But I will answer again. Some of my answers have changed and it is time
update the form.

"Kye" wrote in message
u...
Who am I and What Is My Gender???

I am Al.

Where am I???

It appears to be the planet earth. Leesburg Virginia USA to be specific.

What do I grow???

Lots of things. Phals species are my biggest love. I have Big Plans for
breedings them. Big Plans.

The decade of my age???

The birth certificate puts me in my early 40s. But that refers only to
physical age. In mind and spirit there is conciderable vasscilation and
would have a hard time pinning it down.

How long have I been growing orchids???

Since I was 16.

My biggest orchid accomplishment???

Two or so years ago I got the BIG greenhouse I have always wished for and
learned definitivly that it is true what they say: Be careful what you
wish
for.

Miscellanious Info...

It makes me nervous to know that physcologists read what we write here.

I have a website/web business that supports my orchids but not me:
http://www.orchidexchange.com

I like to garden.

I have been stuck in this newsgroup for about 5 years now and still can't
find the door. On occasion I have claimed to be an Alien from Outer
Space.
Strictly speaking, this is true. I have also claimed to play the fool
but I
think of this role as being more like 'court jester' and don't mind at
all
when others vie for the roles of village idiot or Supreme Monarch. It's
fun
to watch. I always have appreciated the good advice people offer on
orchids
and their culture to all the other stuff I find here. But I also know I
am
a significant contributor of 'other stuff'. I have issues to work out.
Basically, this is a good group and the people who use it are good
people.

Late at night when I can't sleep I like to re-read my posts to this
newsgroup and count the number of times I use the word "I". I find it
amusing.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news
This is a shout out to Friends of Al! Tell us your fondest memory,
favorite Al-ism, what you love about him, whatever.

Me first: I love his typos! Only he could get away with it.

Diana