Old 28-03-2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default *Al* Appreciation Thread!

Hey Kathy is there anything you can't do? *G* Saved this recipe & named the
file
KBsKA Kookies
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Everybody disserves his/her own appreciation day.

*Disserves* is but one example of the things I like about you! And no, I
will not behave and you can't make me. Nyanyanya!

Diana

After the week Al's had I think he needs a cookie. These kick ass.

K Barrett

Triple-chocolate cookies - makes 26 cookies

The key to the fudgy texture is letting them cool on the baking sheets.

3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped

1 1/2 c bittersweet chocolate chips - they like Hershey's special dark or
Ghiradelli double chocolate bittersweet chips

7 T unsalted butter, cut in pieces

2 t instant coffee

2 t vanilla

3 large eggs at room temp

1 c sugar

1/2 c all-purpose flour

1/2 t baking powder

1/2 t salt

1 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chips and butter in heatproof bowl
set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently, until just
completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool
slightly.

Stir coffee powder and vanilla together in small bowl until dissolved.

Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at med-high speed
until very thick and pale - about 4 min.

Add vanilla-coffee mixture until incorporated - 20 sec.

Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined - 30
sec.

Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl.

Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chips into
batter.

Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temp for 20-30 min
until it firms up - it will more closely resemble thick brownie batter
than cookie dough.

Meanwhile, adjust 2 oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions and
heat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1
heaping T batter per cookie, place 2" apart alternating rows 3,2,3,2,3 for
13 per tray.

Bake until cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 min, rotating
sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking time.
Transfer baking sheets to racks and cool completely on racks before
serving.

DO NOT OVERCOOK!