Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Need help identifying South Florida sTrAnGe plant - Pod Pictures!!!

infiniteMPG wrote in

ups.com:

A co-worker called me over the begining if the week and
asked if I could identify something for him. He had what
looked like a seed pod from a plant he found near the beach
in the Sarasota area of west central Florida. It was about
3" long and about 1-1/2" in diameter, very wood like
covering, pointed towards one end and was divided into 5
sections. He stated this was growing from a cluster of
leafs (which he did not have any of) but stated this was
growing "up" from the cluster, so the stem stuck down from
the bottom with this seed pod on top.

i'm not close to an expert on southern trees, but the pod
looks a bit like a very small mahogany pod.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there