Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM
S Booker S Booker is offline
Registered User

Default sycamore saplings!

Hello! I'm new here, having moved and gained a fairly large garden (quarter of an acre). I am a complete novice, but know that the lady who lived here before me was a keen gardener as the garden has some wonderful plants in it. I have one small problem which I would appreciate help with: I appear to have hundreds of tiny sycamore saplings (shoots with two leaves) all over my garden. I have spent most of the day today pulling them up by hand, but I don't think I've tackled even half! Any suggestions on how I can get rid of them? I've tried bribing my two small children with the promise of 1p per shoot, but they got bored after about 10 minutes! Am I destined to spend every day pulling these up??? Thanks in advance for any help.