Old 04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
S Booker S Booker is offline
Registered User

Default sycamore saplings!

Hello! I'm new here having moved to a house with a large garden and being a complete novice I thought it might be wise to get some advice! I have been in the garden for most of the day today pulling up tiny sycamore saplings (two leaves on stem) but although I have put in hours of work I hardly seem to have touched the blanket of them that covers the lawn and flower beds. Bribing my two small children with the offer of 1p for every shoot they pull up has proved pointless as they gave up after about 10 minutes! Can anyone give me an idea of how to deal with them quickly? Will cutting the grass stop them from reappearing, or will they just grow back stronger? Am I destined to spend all spring on my hands and knees pulling the little blighters up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!