Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default sycamore saplings!

Granity writes

S Booker;782418 Wrote:
Hello! I'm new here having moved to a house with a large garden and
being a complete novice I thought it might be wise to get some

advice!
I have been in the garden for most of the day today pulling up tiny
sycamore saplings (two leaves on stem) but although I have put in

hours
of work I hardly seem to have touched the blanket of them that covers

the lawn and flower beds. Bribing my two small children with the

offer
of 1p for every shoot they pull up has proved pointless as they gave

up
after about 10 minutes! Can anyone give me an idea of how to deal with
them quickly? Will cutting the grass stop them from reappearing, or
will they just grow back stronger? Am I destined to spend all spring

on
my hands and knees pulling the little blighters up? Any advice would

be
greatly appreciated!

I suffer from the same problem only mine are Blackthorn seedlings, I
just mow over them which seems to kill them.

Cutting the grass will deal with the ones in the lawn
--
Kay