Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 PM
lawr_1 lawr_1 is offline
Registered User

I'll have to see if I can find the pump flow, maybe it is too fast.
The bulb is clean, I removed and checked it yesterday, there was no build up.

One issue I found... I cannot see any UV light. At the inlet and outlet I have a section of clear pipe I have used to connect the outlet/inlet to my pump/pond hose (it was too big for a standard garden hose size and B&Q didnt have any adapters - I had to cut up my snorkel to make it). So its night now, and I can bend the clear pipe connector down a bit to look right into the UV clarifier outlet while the water is flowing. It is completely dark, no light at all.

Yesterday I took the bulb out to look and it doesnt look like its blown.

So could the bulb be faulty? Should I see UV light? I am not looking long as I know its harmful.

If you cant see the light the only thing I can think of is my flow is too fast.

Or am I expecting too much in 1 week? Should I give it more time?

Thanks for your replies.