Old 08-04-2008, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
g_k_o g_k_o is offline

Default Wow, what happened to this group?

Most people have moved on to web based forums.

UseNet was one of the original ways for hobbyists to share information.
It was great back when few people knew how to connect and those who did
were highly educated. As griefers and spammers connected, UseNet really
couldn't keep up.

It's ironic that griefers who receive pleasure at destroying this group
rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants are really helping out because they force
people to move on to better places that will make them much happier.

Aquatic Plant Central http://aquaticplantcentral.com might be the best
site. Another great place is http://plantedtank.net

Dave Engle wrote:
: I just signed back up for the APD, too, and it's pretty slow. Where are
: all the plant nuts hanging out now? Is there a particular forum where
: all the old hands are chatting? I'm about to set up my 55 gallon after
: over 5 years without an aquarium and I want to brush up on my aquatic
: plant knowledge and catch up on technology. I know that this topic
: hasn't died, as the aquatic plant selection at my LFS and at the big
: national pet stores has never been bigger...