Old 08-04-2008, 02:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default How long does a UV clarifier take?

slower the better. but it has to stay ahead of the algae replicating and algae
growth depends on many factors.

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:15:28 EDT, lawr_1 wrote:

I checked my pump, its a Hozelock Cascade 1400 which pumps 1400 litres
per hour, but the recommended for the UV clarifier is Tetra Pond FP
2500 which pumps 2500 litres per hour.

So it looks like its not to do with too fast a flow. I would have
thought a slower flow means more chance of UV working?

So therefore should I see the UV light as there is none showing. Its
the last thing I can think of, that the bulb is not working or
something.

Thanks