Old 16-04-2008, 03:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default black spots on orchids

On this plant, yes they are dying. Have been for awhile. I only see this on
a couple of Dens.

Tomorrow I wiull try to get them under a microscope

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
"K Barrett" wrote in message
Are these leaves dead? In the pictures they look horrible. Have you got
a picture of the whole plant?

My guess is dried up sap, darkened from age/sunlight/driness that has
seeped from holes left after a sucking insect bite holes. Possibly mites.
Think itty bitty creme brulee sugar...

K Barrett

"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one
of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce