Old 16-04-2008, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tom seedlings

On Apr 15, 10:29 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Not come across this before. I have a dozen or so tom seedlings in a
multichamber tray on my windowsill. 3 diff varieties. They are 1" to 2" atm.
About half of them have leaf tips which are browning, and going dry and
crumbly. It's mainly the smaller ones, the bigger ones are fine. What's up
(doc)
--
Pete C
London UK

Which windowcill Pete? Kitchen, sitting room? If kitchen it could be
that steam from cooking moistens the air and then the sun shines
directlt in on the seedlings?

It has happened to me in a greenhouse but that was because it was a
very hot day and I didn't open the air vent.

Judith