Old 16-04-2008, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Tom seedlings

Judith in France wrote:
On Apr 15, 10:29 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Not come across this before. I have a dozen or so tom seedlings in a
multichamber tray on my windowsill. 3 diff varieties. They are 1" to
2" atm. About half of them have leaf tips which are browning, and
going dry and crumbly. It's mainly the smaller ones, the bigger
ones are fine. What's up (doc)
--
Pete C
London UK

Which windowcill Pete? Kitchen, sitting room? If kitchen it could be
that steam from cooking moistens the air and then the sun shines
directlt in on the seedlings?

It has happened to me in a greenhouse but that was because it was a
very hot day and I didn't open the air vent.

Judith

Kitchen.............diner end. I've used the same windowsill before with no
prob. It isn't too warm either, cos the CH boiler has broken down!
Oh well...........
--
Pete C
London UK