Old 18-04-2008, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Vegetable Gardening Poll

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 17/4/08 22:58, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"alan holmes" wrote in message

wrote in message
Will you be growing your own this year?

Yes!

We will if Wessex Water ever give us the allotment back, and if there's
anything on it not utterly destroyed.

Steve

How's that going, Steve?

--

Not great. The pipe has been in for a fortnight, but they're still messing
about, reluctant to actually finish I think.

You can see the pics here -

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...azzbat3/works/

And this one-

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Apr16th001.jpg

Is how the allotment looked on Wednesday this week. Just like an allotment
should look in Mid-April, no?

I told them because they'd mixed up the topsoil with the subsoil and their
gravel and all manner of garbage that I wanted the top 0.5 metre removed and
replaced by new topsoil. They semed OK about it until I told them my
calculations made it 325 Cu m, that made them gulp a bit. As far as I can
tell, they've only covered by about 4", so there's going to be another row
about that.

And all this is for a pipe 6" dia.

Steve