Old 19-04-2008, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default first early potatoes

Fred wrote:
Hi,

I posted some first early potatoes (red duke of York) in March but
there's no sign of any growth yet. Is this normal or has something
gone horribly wrong? Shortly after I planted them, we had that weekend
of snow. Although it didn't hang around long before melting, could the
cold have damaged them?

Thanks.

You must have posted them by Royal Mail, no wonder they have not turned
up yet. :-)
I planted a few under fleece, they have yet to show their faces, judging
by today's weather they are quite right to stay in bed.