Old 20-04-2008, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Šave Šave is offline

Default Advice on growing a pair of bay trees

Is there a specific way of growing bay trees to get the 'lollipop' shape and
get it to between 5 - 7 foot. I've just bought a pair of very young plants,
each about a foot tall and would like to know if there's anything I should
be doing to encourage them to grow into the shape I want? I've checked on a
few websites but they only tend to talk about temperatures, feeding and
pruning to keep the height of the tree down.

TIA

Dave