Old 22-02-2003, 04:27 PM
The Edgleys

Default Phal blooming question

One factor you did not mention was heat. What are your day and night
temperatures? Phals like it quite warm in the day and not too cool at
night. If they are kept too cold, they will just not grow! And if they
bloom without being able to grow, they will actually shrink! Been there and
done that in my early years. And I use Miracle Grow at 1/2 tsp per gallon
with every other watering. I probably give my plants a bit less light than
you as well. My plants grow and bloom well enough that I am not looking to
change anything in my environment!

David Edgley
Langley, WA

"Charles Peters" wrote in message
I'm fairly new to all of this, have only been growing for three or four
years, under lights. I've noticed that while my phals bloom each year,
with each year the spikes are shorter and the blooms less spectacular. I
grow under fluors at about 2000 ftc's and use Dynagrow/Blm, 1/4
tsp/gallon each week. Any thoughts as to why I seem to be left with a
bunch of shrinking phals? Thanks.