Old 21-04-2008, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_13_] Steve[_13_] is offline

Default Local Volunteering?

On Apr 21, 6:41 pm, Steve wrote:
On Apr 21, 6:15 pm, K wrote:

Steve writesHi, not sure if anyone can assist, but I'm keen to see if there are
ways in which I can help volunteer in my area.

I'm keen to learn more about horticulture and I'm considering doing an
on line course (I work full time so a full time/part time course is
out of the question), but I'd like some practical experience and to
meet other gardening enthusiasts. An option I had thought of was an
allotment but what with the waiting lists and the small issue of my
wife not wanting me to own one, I wrote that one off.

If it helps, I live in Harrogate.

The obvious is Harlow Carr which has a lot of volunteer gardeners.
--
Kay

I tried them as I live just 2 miles down the road. Unfortunately as I
work Mon-Fri I can't be a volunteer garderner, which is a shame.

Thanks for the tips everyone, just found a useful site that the
National Trust use, http://www.do-it.org.uk/ which is a useful
volunteering site that includes gardening.