Old 21-04-2008, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default Garlic

"judith" wrote in message

Growing for the first time in the garden. All sprouted OK but they
are now looking a bit sorry for themselves: leaves about 5 or 6 inches
long - but slightly brown/yellow. It has of course been quite cold
over the last two weeks - frosts or just above at night.

Is this their normal colour - rather than a nice green ;-)

Should I feed them?

Like you Judith, I am growing garlic for the first time.
I bought some from the market last year, split it up and planted
it last Autumn.
It looked a bit sorry for itself over the Winter but and has now
picked up and is looking quite healthy.
Don't know what it's like under the surface though.

Wally