Old 22-04-2008, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Will[_6_] Will[_6_] is offline

Default Lawn/turf questions/problems

At great expense we have had our lawn returfed, it having been
destroyed by the builders last year. It's looking pretty good, but
there are two problems.

1. It has weird patches, mainly circular about a foot in diameter, of
much lusher, darker green grass. When it was laid all the turves, so
far as I could tell, were identical. The turf came from a very
reputable supplier. Has anyone got any explanations?

2. Boys and football. I have sons aged 11 and 9 who regard the lawn
as a football pitch (can't really blame them) and they really want to
kick a ball about. Just the two of them (they can play at the park if
their friends want to get involved) and mainly just practising their
skills. Are they likely to do the lawn any harm? There won't be any
tackling, or a goal area, and they play in ordinary trainers. I'm
afraid I don't know the variety of the lawn - it was supplied by Teal
Turf (http://www.tealturf.co.uk/turf.htm) so it looks like dwarf
ryegrass.

Any thoughts?

Thanks