Old 23-04-2008, 10:05 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I'm no gardener but have had the unfortunate task of tending my
father's grave. I planted some daff bulbs last autumn and had a
beautiful display but the flowers are now dying off. I shall soon be
re-planting with summer plants. Should I save the daff bulbs for next
year, or shoud they be discarded and buy new ones again in the autumn?
I take care of my grandparents's grave, where we have a yellow rose, daffodils, cyclamen [both autumn and spring flowering], and various other bulbs. Generally in May I tidy up, remove the daffodil leaves, and put in bedding plants. As long as the daffodils have had a couple of months with their leaves on, they should be fine, and as long as they are planted in clumps so that you can insert bedding between them, you should have no problems.