Old 24-04-2008, 06:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Raccoons & motion sensing lights

emceemc wrote:

This year I am considering a motion sensing light directed at my pond.
Anybody ever try this or know the conventional wisdom on its
effectiveness as a raccoon defense? I don't want to tackle the project
without at least some hope of success.

Lights won't frighten away a raccoon. I would opt for a motion activated
sprinkler (Scarecrow)
San Diego Joe

Agree with Joe. Motion light did nothing to stop the raccoon here in 2000,
but the motion activated sprinkler hasn't see them come back since I set it
up and I know they're around, they've been sighted. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us