Old 24-04-2008, 07:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
©anadian Ponder[_2_] ©anadian Ponder[_2_] is offline

Default Raccoons & motion sensing lights

emceemc wrote:
This year I am considering a motion sensing light directed at my pond.
Anybody ever try this or know the conventional wisdom on its
effectiveness as a raccoon defense? I don't want to tackle the project
without at least some hope of success.

I use it for skunks but I think raccoons will eventually get used to it
and NOT be afraid. I have literally used a power soaker to chase
raccoons and they seem to like it.

I too vote for a sprinkler as it is high powered.