Old 24-04-2008, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
boulder boulder is offline

Default painting my shed

Davy formulated on Thursday :
Charlie Pridham wrote in
T:

In article 3e1cbe8e-1e07-4133-ad11-
,
says...
Hi All

I had a shed built in my garden about six months ago and now want to
paint it. Anyone have any recommendations as to what is the best to
use. I am a bit confused with timbercare, paints and stains?

Kind regards
Coco

Don't go for paint or a surface stain, it will weather and the shed will
look awful. You can see lots of fences stained red (cedar) which was once
a popular colour but now deeply unfashionable.
Go for a stain that soaks in and doesn't leave a surface coat.
Dont be tempted to use a spray - there is too much detail around the window
and doors of a shed; and also you will get the spray over everything else
around the shed - plants will be killed and other objects ruined.

You need to decide WHY you need to paint the shed? Don't you like the
colour of wood? If you don't like aged grey wood then treat the shed with
a UV filter which will preserve the natural wood colour. Sikkens natural
will do this.

Davy

i like a green shed