Old 25-04-2008, 12:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Life's a bog

G'day David

Was wondering how you were going...I think we are the only two people in
this area who frequent this group? I'm never one to complain about rain
but gee it's getting hard to resist...hasn't it tumbled down?

I had to phone the SES yesterday because after a horrendous downpour
around 8am (which had to be have been several inches) water was coming
through a bedroom ceiling. 'Never' had this happen before and I've been
in this house for almost 16 yrs. The intersection where I live was
underwater with water level at car headlight height and I am listening
to the ocean as I type and it's still roaring.

One day we'll see the sun again!! ....maybe!!
Bronwyn ;-)

David Hare-Scott wrote:
It's still raining. 290mm (11 1/2 in) this month so far including 80mm (3
1/2in) last night. It seems we have our own private east coast low sitting
just out to sea.

The dam overflow is running backwards - that is the river is running into it -
it will part of the river soon. Normally the river is 10m (30ft) wide and
30cm (1ft) deep. Now it is 100m (320ft) wide and 13m (42ft) deep. The road
is cut both ways. The horses had a silly spin when they went down to drink
'cause the floodwaters made everything look different. Lucky they one of them
didn't slip over and hurt his stupid self or fall in and drown.

The garden has water running through it (it's on a hill). I found an Eastern
Longneck Tortoise and a Water Dragon trying to escape, they can swim but the
flood flushes them out of the comfy little holes and fishing places. As for
working in the garden forget it. But we did ask for La Nina so went can't
complain too much.

David