Old 25-04-2008, 02:45 PM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Life's a bog

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

It's still raining. 290mm (11 1/2 in) this month so far including 80mm (3
1/2in) last night. It seems we have our own private east coast low
sitting
just out to sea.

Stop skiteing David!

I've done everything I can think of to make it rain as we've recently had
days of overcast weather. I've washed the car, left it out: put washing on
the line till the line was full, left if there for days: left out gardening
tools (secateurs, gloves, hand tools and every tool I can find with a wooden
handle): even left out my straw hat. Not a bloody sausage!

The dam overflow is running backwards - that is the river is running into
it -
it will part of the river soon. Normally the river is 10m (30ft) wide and
30cm (1ft) deep. Now it is 100m (320ft) wide and 13m (42ft) deep. The
road
is cut both ways. The horses had a silly spin when they went down to
drink
'cause the floodwaters made everything look different. Lucky they one of
them
didn't slip over and hurt his stupid self or fall in and drown.

The garden has water running through it (it's on a hill). I found an
Eastern
Longneck Tortoise and a Water Dragon trying to escape, they can swim but
the
flood flushes them out of the comfy little holes and fishing places. As
for
working in the garden forget it. But we did ask for La Nina so went can't
complain too much.

You complain and I'll throw something at you! Just send some south will ya?
Please, pretty please.