Old 27-04-2008, 01:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default can i lay turf topsoil on sharp sand

scott& "kerry" wrote in message

I wonder if someone could give me some advice please? I bought a home
recently and it had the whole front garden slabbed which i promptly dug
up. I laid a nice new path and i want to lay turf at either end of this
path. I have got a deep base of sharp sand that the old slabs were on
and i was wondering if i can put topsoil and turf on top of this. I
have been told the sharp sand will provide good drainage but i am not
so sure and dont want to lay my new garden on this if i am going to
have to tear it up later. If this is a good base how much topsoil
should i use under the turf?

Where you are might make a difference in potential answers.