Old 28-04-2008, 09:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Anyone familiar with Gardena sprinklers? Triangular lawn?

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:19:43 -0500, Newbie wrote:

I need new sprinklers for the following tasks:

(1) Watering two 60'x40' TRIAGULAR lawns. Imagine a 60x40 rectangle cut
into two halves along a diagonal, that's what I have.

(2) 20'x20' rectangular gardens with plants.

Just by looking around the net, Gardena line of products has caught my
eye. They seem good looking and come with a quick-connect system.
However, I don't know precisely which models would serve my needs best
(that triangle shape is the biggest headache for me). The models a

* 3200: Small oscillator, has just range adjustment.

* 3900: Longer oscillator with range as well width adjustment.

* 350/T: Range, width, water-flow adjustment, as well as timer.

* Turbo Impulse type: Normal impulse design I think.

I guess my basic question, is what would work best for a triangle shape
lawn.

The "rain-bird" type oscillating seem to work well. I think I bought
10 different sprinklers and took them all back for various reasons.
The more expensive models did not work any better than all-plastic and
the cost range was $5 to 45. I suggest buying local and retailers
that don't mind giving refunds/returns. I dislike returning
merchandise, but this is one item (like antennas) you need to try out.
I tried all the Gardena sprinklers and none worked well for me. As it
turned out, a Craftsman rain-bird with a sled-type base worked best
for me. You may need a timer so you can water just before dawn.