Old 28-04-2008, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Newbie Newbie is offline

Default Anyone familiar with Gardena sprinklers? Triangular lawn?

In article , Phisherman
wrote:

: The "rain-bird" type oscillating seem to work well. I think I bought
: 10 different sprinklers and took them all back for various reasons.
: The more expensive models did not work any better than all-plastic and
: the cost range was $5 to 45. I suggest buying local and retailers
: that don't mind giving refunds/returns. I dislike returning
: merchandise, but this is one item (like antennas) you need to try out.
: I tried all the Gardena sprinklers and none worked well for me. As it
: turned out, a Craftsman rain-bird with a sled-type base worked best
: for me. You may need a timer so you can water just before dawn.

Please forgive my ignorance but I am not sure what you mean by
rain-bird. Of course there is a company by that name, but since you
wrote Craftsman, probably that's not what you meant. I tried sears.com
searching for rain-bird but no luck.