Old 01-05-2008, 02:37 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Large scale permaculture

Charlie wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:25:19 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

charlie is noice. :-)

Well now, that was a noice thing to say! ;-) Thank you......wait a
minute....unless this is some aussie slang thing that has a different
meaning than I took! ;-)

well, not really!

having said that, any country probably has a majority of nice (in their
way)
individuals. it's how they act collectively that matters, in many ways.
that
seems to be the problem with the farcical olympic torch business - most
chinese people are lovely, but the govt there is appalling. i think some
chinese are feeling rather oppressed in a personal way by the protests
when
it's actually a governmental thing that shouldn't be taken personally.

Herd mentality is bad, bad I'm tellin' ya! It leads to stampede and
the *******s could sweep us all over the cliff, though this may not be
an entirely bad thing, given the condition of the planet and our
contribution to the.....situations. I am thinking that the herd is
starting to awake here...the "news" is reflecting this today, and the
bleating has started....."gov't must helppp, gov't must helpppp".

**** me, bush is again pushing to open the anwr to drilling. The only
solution to the oil situation is to retool our society and QUIT DRIVING
SO DAMN MUCH!

I fear it going to get ugly. It is for sure going to
become...different.

probably. but really, i think that's not a bad thing (overall!). the
disaster that forces one's hand to better things isn't really so bad. you
have to take the broad view. everyone has to suffer sometimes, it's
inevitable.

i think obscurity is great. not to mention, necessary.
kylie

I think you have that right and should count your blessing....I've got
300 million members of the herd to worry about!

i'd be worried too if i were you g
kylie