Old 01-05-2008, 03:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default guerrilla gardening

Blaircam wrote:
I just happened to come across this and thought - what a magnificent idea.
http://www.guerrillagardening.org/
So brilliant and unselfish and a wonderful way to both improve the urban
environment and bring people together.
I am so inspired I'm ALMOST ready to do something in this vein...
Maybe start out small like spreading seed bombs and work my way up from
there...

You watch the ABC offbeat page too?
I'm almost convinced that you should do this. But why do you pay council
rates? Here the council go crook if you establish a garden where the
lawns are in their death throws.
They obviously think getting stung by bees is more dangerous than
hitting a tree in the nature strip. You can have a tree but a nature
strip garden is dangerous. (Im not mentioning the Whittlesea council)