Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Growing Amaranth

"Charlie" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 May 2008 22:39:34 +1200, "George.com"
wrote:

Has anyone tried growing Amaranth grain in your back yard? I'd be
interested
to hear your thoughts.

rob

Me too. I'm having my first go at amaranth. I started seedlings
inside, but I suspect direct seeding would be a better way to go.

I'm as interested in the greens aspect as I am the grain. They are
very nutritious, they say.

Good. I expect a Full report at the end of your growing season Charlie :-)

I am still 6 months away at least from needing to sow so your successes or
failures will be good information.

Make a diary note to write your report.

rob