Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Default identify these flowers?

In message
,
ncstockguy writes
Here's another one for the plant gurus... plants are about 30 inches
tall and blooming now. The blossoms seem to open and close with the
passage of the sun. I thought they might be balloon flowers, but don't
think so. Any ideas what they might be?

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/us/27002.jpg

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/us/27001.jpg

If I saw them here (England) I'd identify them as Silene latifolia
(White Campion). (By balloon flower do you mean Silene vularis (Bladder
Campion)?)

However there are also a number of American species with white flowers.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley