Old 06-05-2008, 02:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default rotation in the garden

On Tue, 06 May 2008 00:26:00 +0000, 0tterbot wrote:

have realised what my problem is re rotating the garden beds in an organised
manner:

It is a worry here as well as we tend to grow mixed beds and sometimes
they evolve rather than follow the strict idea of wipe clean and replant.

The real problem is that multiple plantings of the same crop(famil) in
the same plot allows pests/dieseases to buld up in that spot. so
spelling the ground from that family lets them starve away.

all you can really do is rotate different plots in turn from that family
until the family fad fades {:-).