Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 PM posted to aus.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default rotation in the garden

In article ,
len gardener wrote:

g'dau otterbot,

rotation isn't a part of our gardening to do it would almost mean
having twice as many gardens as space would permit. as much as we can
our agrdens get a month or 2 of fallowing between seasonal crops.

as we feed and top the medium continually and we try not to plant
exactly in the same spot as the last season but the next side postion
we have never had any unbdesirable effects ie.,. nematodes etc.,.

we've gardened this way for a decade now and we grow healthy plants
which give us healthy food all without any man made chemical or
fertiliser intervention.

On Tue, 06 May 2008 00:26:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Rotation does not have to be circular though the word suggest it.
Back and forth may give similar desired effects. In some ways I'd
suggest the word rest or Fallow may be useful. I'd recommend green
manure if you can add to your tilth.

Bill new to aus.gardens and ignorant. For instance can you grow food
stuff year round ? We can minimally as some hardy greens can over winter.

Someone crossed posted from wrecked gardens and I sort of resonated.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA