Old 07-05-2008, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
[email protected] robert@aquabotanic.com is offline

Default Wow, what happened to this group?

On Apr 16, 6:16*pm, Dave Engle wrote:
g_k_o wrote:

Aquatic Plant Centralhttp://aquaticplantcentral.commight be the best
site. *Another great place ishttp://plantedtank.net

Thanks, I'll check 'em out!

Dave! Where the hell have you been?! Aquatic Plant central is the
place to be. Much better than plantedtank.net
You are a blast from the past. Newsgroups went completly down the
toilet. I don't even know why they are st ill in existence. APD has
become pretty much a relic. There is a dozen or so people who talk
amoungest themsleves. Nothing informative what so ever. Not even any
good spam wars any more. Aquatic Plant central was started by Art
Giacosa a couple years after I started Wet Thumb. You remember Art?
The first American Amano distrbutor in the mid 90s. I eventually
closed my forum and archived all the posts at APC under an arrangement
I made with Art.. Art eventually sold APC to some corporation, which
quietly runs it. It has a very large amount of traffic and membership
now. Plant tank.net was started about the same time as APC by someone
named Kyle who nobody had ever heard of. It has a sizeable following
as well. Many people go back and forth between the two.

Robert Paul Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com