Old 07-05-2008, 07:50 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] nosmo_king58@yahoo.com is offline

Default When to prune ?

A few weeks ago, I picked up several neglected, root-bound, under-
watered Forsythias for cheap at HD. Now properly planted, they have
recovered nicely. They are very spindly, and I would like to prune
them back to get a nice shape next year. When should I prune? Should
I let them have the rest of this year to recover/get established and
wait til after they flower in the spring, or go ahead and do it this
year before they start to set the flowers in the fall? Thanx.